Our son is officially here! He is 8lbs 2oz and he is 20 inches long. Caleb was born on 2/4/09 at 11:38 pm. I was in labor for approx. 4 hours. Serious contractions started at 7:00 and I called Jed to come home at 8:00 pm from worship practice. That was a humorous phone call because I believe the only person nervous was Bethany who answered Jed's phone since he was in the sound booth. We got to the hospital around 9m and I was triaged and admitted. I was already dilated 6cm and I was about 90% effaced. I received an epidural in the 10-10:30 pm range. I requested my epidural basically as soon as I walked into triage due to Isabel being such a speedy delivery. Once they broke my water shortly after I received the epidural things really kicked into gear and from 10:30-11:30 I went from 7 cm to 10cm . I started pushing around 11:30 and he was hear after 2 sets of pushes at 11:38pm. I was blessed to have Jed, Becky and Kristen in the room for his delivery. I had a great support system and an awesome nursing staff. Kristen and Bex took some awesome photos that we will treasure!
He is very healthy, happy and such a BLESSING. Today has been very busy with visitors. Caleb got to meet his big sister Isabel. She was very cute with him and is going to be a great big sister to Caleb. My mom and Jed's mom were able to come along with several friends. We are truly blessed to have Isabel and Caleb in our lives.

Caleb Michael

Isabel meeting baby brother.

Kristen after witnessing her first birt
h
(that didn't involve delivering a baby herself)
Aunt Bex-Friend, Aunt, Videographer, Jack of all trades!
2 comments:
Caleb,
You are one precious little boy! Welcome to the world little man!
Uncle Sam, Aunt Jen and Maximus
What a great post! I love hearing the "big event" from your perspective.
Welcome to the world sweet Caleb! You have many, many people who love you!
Aunt Becky
Post a Comment