Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I have no words!
Well Thanksgiving was awesome! We got to see tons of family and friends, some of whom we have not seen in over a year. We packed our car to the brim and then headed home for our 3 hour drive. After over 1 1/2 hours in traffic we thought we were finally on our way. Not Quite. We were about 60 miles from Columbus and looked back to see Isabel vomit all over herself and the car seat. All I can say is Yuck! Jed and I laughed at this point because what else could happen on our Gilligan like trip. Jed and I finally found a truck stop 5-6 minutes later to begin clean up. Jed got out of the car to assess the damage and quickly said "Oh Snap!" and was on his way to buy the needed clean up items. As I was getting out of the car I hear Isabel repeat his sentiments (Thanks Jed!). Finally after having to change Isabel into a spare outfit on the floor of a truckstop bathroom (again gross) Jed had managed to clean out the car seat and we got on our way again. We got home and trashed the seat (No, we are not wasteful. It expired this month also). An hour after we were home vomit fest 2008 began and poor Isabel was up for 10 hours throwing up. I think I almost cried everytime she got sick. After 10 hours and only 3 hours of intermittent sleep for Isabel and I it finally stopped. Hopefully she is now on the mend. All I can say is there is nothing worse than watching your toddler be that sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This reminds me of a trip we took to Charlottesville, Va a few years back. Ahhhhh. The memories.
Oh no!!! I am so sorry that you guys had to deal with that. Poor Iz.
Post a Comment